Only two days left before the kids go back to school. It’s been a long school holidays and as I look back and reflect there are some things I consider to have been the good and bad of the time with the kids:
- I still have four kids.
- I successfully entertained and fed them for the holidays.
- No hospital visits.
- The dog is still alive.
- I am not completely bald.
- We did have a great time doing many things over this time.
- I still have four kids (jokes!).
- The phenomenal amount of money spent entertaining and feeding the kids.
- The phenomenal amount of money that needs to be spent on the kids books, uniforms, shoes etc.
- End of school holidays means the year has started in earnest.
- Kids bringing homework home and the expectations from the kids and the school on this.
- School lunches.
- Having to wake kids up because they won’t get up.
- Having to tell the kids every little detail on how to get themselves ready for the day.
- Rotten food in school bags.
- Only 10 weeks until the next school holidays.